About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 2 May 2013

Korean Cavalry On the Workbench

The first batch of cavalry are sooo, sooo, sooo close to being finished that I'm really annoyed with myself for dozing off on the sofa earlier this evening. If I hadn't gone to sleep I might just have finished them tonight.

I started the next batch last night. these are the Singi Guard cavalry and I've decided to be a bit more uniform with these. It will just be the officers and saddle cloths that differ between the units (OK, maybe the mix of horse colours will differ as well).

I've also prepped the figures for the command stands and will be gluing them onto their bases for painting later this evening.

Anyway, as it is a couple of days since my last post, here are some pics to stop you all moaning.


All the cavalry:



The Kwang Gun/Singi Gun Cavalry



The Singi Guard Cavalry



Before I forget - I've also finished the Korean camp Secret Project. However, you'll have to wait until I return from Campaign for pics of it as I don't want to spoil the surprise.

9 comments:

  1. Your rate of painting is insane. You're giving me a complex - haven't so much as picked up a brush in over a month.

    It's a great looking army though which makes it even more annoying . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done M'Lady! Another secret project, this could prove interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Tamsin. I did the exactly the same thing last night. I set all my gear up on the table sat down and switched the football on, then woke up 3 hours later!!!!! Damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You dont do things by halves Tamsin.
    These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have needed the snooze! Still making very good progress though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See these just look gorgeous can't wait to them all finished and on the table all ranked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Crazy Joe - my work rate is high at the moment because I have a deadline to complete the army I'm taking to Campaign. I need to have them finished by next Friday evening (so, 36 cavalry, 48 foot and the command stands - 4 mounted, 12 foot - to do over the next 7 days!)

    @ Anne - the Secret Project is just a small bit of silliness

    @ Ray - 3 hours? At least I wasn't out for that long!

    @ Kev - what are halves? *lol*
    ps - congrats on the impending nuptials :)

    @ Rodger - I must have needed it, but it's still a pain i the neck that it delayed me finishing them :(

    @ Simon - you won't have long to wait. They will be in action next weekend!


    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnifique work! Greetings and respect from korea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnifique work! Greetings and respect from korea

    ReplyDelete