About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 13 May 2013

More Plunder!

I'm really glad I'd booked today off work as I was absolutely knackered after the weekend. After a long lie-in and an hour or so of browsing blogs whilst having a nice cuppa, I headed out to the local Royal Mail delivery office to pick up a package that needed a VAT payment. It could only be one thing - my order from Rebel Minis!

The order was a mix of piratical plunder and some sci-fi bits as well.

Back row: Pirates with melee weapons; Pirates with firearms; skull rock; PyRats; Skeleton Crew
Front Row: Guns and crew; Male pirate captains (plus mermaid); Female pirate captains; native porters (from Pulp range)

Skull rock in close up. This will form the centre-piece of my pirate camp.

Gun Clerics; Black Widow Mercs; Warrior Grav Tank

Sahadeen Militia

So, that leaves just my order with Old Glory UK to come in (which includes my pirate flag ship) then I can determine what else I need to order to complete my army. I think I might get a couple more ships, just because they will look cool, not because I actually need them.


Painting Plans

Now that I've finished the main part of my Korean army, it is time for me to head back to painting a couple of other projects which got put onto the back burner.

First up are Donogh's Hasslefree minis which I'd made a good start on before the Koreans arrived.

Second up is the other outstanding Secret Project. I've still got a few bits of sculpting/modelling to do to add to the overall project and they will need painting. The main part is almost done, with just some details/highlights/touch-ups to do.

After those I think I really should finish off some of the bits for my earlier armies. I still have 60 Sarmatian lancers to paint up (their horses are already done); 12 Scythian cataphracts plus 3 more for the command stand; and a bunch of 30YW bits (limbers, regimental gun markers, casualties for cohesion markers). I'd like to get those done before I start painting the pirates up.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeeew....shiiiiny....miniiiiis....must resist..must resist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always great to get some goodies through the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I like that skull mountain. The deadline of your secret project is approaching and I really want to see that when it is finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yarrrrrrrrr. That be booty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day as well to me. Nice mini's from rebel to. That Skull rock looks brill can't wait to see that painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you Tamsin! Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really great day....
    I like that skullrock...simply great...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skull rock will be a fab part of my pirates' camp.

    And I might just paint up some of these pirates early (yup, the PyRats and the Skeleton Crew - how could I resist doing them?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Skull rock idea as a camp. Looks like everyone is going pirates.

    Arrrgh!

    ReplyDelete