About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 10 May 2013

Koreans - Kwang Gun Foot

Thank goodness - they're finished with a little time to spare.

In FoG:AM these can be taken as either separate Heavy Weapon or Bow/Crossbow units, or in mixed units (50:50) of Heavy Weapon and Bow/Crossbow. You cannot take more bases of Kwang Gun spearmen (Heavy weapon) bases than you have Kwang Gun archers/crossbowmen. You can take a maximum of 24 bases each of the heavy weapon and bow/crossbow.

For Campaign this weekend, I opted for mixed Heavy Weapon/Crossbow battle groups and I'm taking them as 8s. There are good reasons for this:

1. 6s of average medium foot are too fragile
2. My opponents will (like me) have a lot of armoured cavalry as their main strike arm. Crossbows are more effective than bows against these.
3. At impact, I get an extra dice per file from support shooting which could counteract the effect of being charged by cavalry.
4. Taking them as mixed will give me a couple of shots against enemy cavalry before they are able to charge in, so there is a chance of me disrupting them or killing bases making them less effective at impact.

I will be doing up some Kwang Gun archer bases as well when I finish off the army over the summer.

Anyway, you want pics:

The Blues:





The Greens:





I'll make sure to take plenty of pics of the games and of the whole army together.


If any of you are at Campaign, please do pop over for a chat.



10 comments:

  1. Nice work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice stands...and good luck!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weel congratulations on your fast paintjob (and very nice too). And good luck! You're going to need it.

    Cheers

    Seb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work and best of look with the battles ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on this paint job, particularly given how quickly you finished these! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work there and I hope you had good luck at Campaign. This is a great show put on by the Milton Keynes Wargames Society, used to be a member, please say Hi to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see that you managed it!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete