About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 30 May 2013

A Bit More Pimping

James Brewerton of Exiles Wargames Painter is celebrating the 3rd birthday of his blog with a fantastic giveaway. So, if you want some freebies you'd better head over and start following if you aren't already. All you've got to do is comment on the post and there are bonus points for pimpage and poetry (he's asked for wargaming related limericks, but I submitted a haiku instead).

I may or may not post later this evening - I've arranged with a couple of people at the club to play our first games of X-Wing, so it should be fun. If only it was 26 days earlier so we could quip "May the fourth be with you!". I guess we'll just have to settle for such benedictions as "Stay on target", "I find your lack of faith disturbing" and "Let the Wookie win!".

I've remembered my camera, so there should be pics.



Edit To Add: Don't forget Mike Whitaker's giveaways over at Trouble At T'Mill


And another Edit To Add: I've just realised this was my 400th post!!

7 comments:

  1. cheers for the link back Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing your first game of X-wing huh? Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!

    See you tonight!

    May the Schwartz be with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. X-Wing is a great game, dont forget you can play solo if you want too, just visit our clubs website: http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/downloads.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tamsin,
    Your generosity is most commendable. And it must be catching as at least one other blogger is emulating you. Keep up the good work. Stay calm and carry on with your excellent painting projects.
    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete