Well, I managed to get a bit further along than expected with the first battle group of Sarmatian lancers - they're based and the ground texture has been drybrushed. Tomorrow they'll get a quick coat of PVA over the texture and have some small rocks and tufts of flock/foliage added before getting a spray of matt varnish.
And here are some pics:
They've come out quite well, but I'm not happy with a few of the colours (the red and magenta are too bright and the pastel blue and green are just, well, a bit bleugh) so those are being dropped and some other colours added to the mix for the rest of the army.
This pic shows the ingredients for my basing mix:
Left to Right: Earth Brown ink, PVA glue, ink mix, Reeves Coarse Texture Gel, Golden Sand ink. the ink mix in the dropper bottle is 3 parts Golden Sand to 1 part Earth Brown.
What's that? You can see some buildings in the background? OK, here you go:
These are from The Scene and are the ones I painted up the other night. I've got some silver and tinted PVC sheets which I'll use to make window panes. then I'll just have to get some suitable doors and fittings (a/c units and such like) to finish them off.
- London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).