About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 3 January 2015

Challenge Day 29 - Post 2: Plans for 2015 And Stuff

Well, it's still Day 29 somewhere...

So, before I get on to my plans, some pics of the WIPs:


As you can see, I've done a little bit of painting on the fire hydrant and assembled some transportation for Salutesville's Finest ("They're the finest? This city has no hope!"). I'll have to sort out getting some decals for the city's Police Department, but that might take a while so the panel truck will be plain when I submit it.



Now, that's what I call good progress - all varnished and ready to be popped off the sticks and glued to their bases in a few minutes. As I'll be up late watching Godfather II on the TV, I should be able to get the basing gunk on before the end of the film. Even if I don't, I should still be able to finish them in time to submit them tomorrow.


That's another 74 points for me Ian.


And I don't go back to work until Wednesday. That means I've got 3-4 days to get another two regiments painted up.


That'll be 74 more points for me Ian!


Now, the plans for 2015:

Challenge 2014/2015 - place in the top 10. I was initially thinking I'd place much higher but it appears that there were several entrants who had understated their targets.
My aims going in were to paint:
1) Seven Years War Russian army - I'm nearly there, with just four foot regiments left to paint.
2) 6mm ACW armies (or at least a decent portion thereof) - I look set to start on those very soon.
3) ESU space fleet - I may paint these as a break before starting on the teeny-tiny blobs
4) 28mm Wars of the Roses army - if time allows. I haven't even broken out the sprues to start putting figures together yet.

Challenge 2015/2016 - if Curt is fool enough to run it again, I'll probably enter again.


Post-Challenge
1) Finish off the 6mm ACW armies (I have some extra bits and bobs that haven't been prepped yet)
2) Complete the 28mm WotR army
3) Paint up all the various spaceships that are sitting in my lead mountain
4) Make some more headway on my Mob Wars project (paint figures and buildings)
5) Get a load of 15mm SciFi painted up
6) Finally finish the pirates
7) Finally finish the Sarmatians

Gaming

This year I am going to try to reserve Thursday nights for gaming once the Challenge is over, with games on Mondays as well when I can.


Spending

Absolutely no new...oooh shiny, must buy

But seriously, I will avoid buying any new armies. Of course, that doesn't stop me from massively expanding existing armies. After all, I need to buy the figures for 36 bases of Righteous Army!


12 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the latest SYW and quick too! I fear I may be one of those individuals you speak of who underestimated my capacity to accumulate points at the start of the challenge sorry Tamsin(!), being my first year in, though back to work next week and with uncertain responsibilities being added to my job description, so will see how that affects my productivity. I must say I'm finding it interesting to see how much myself and others are able to achieve in a set period of time though, as it's something I'd never thought about much before. Has really added some useful knowledge to my planning of future grand projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas for 2015, I always knew I would not keep pace with you for long.

    I will keep it tight for a little longer though

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But seriously, I will avoid buying any new armies"
    Yeh right???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good project list and I will look forward to see these see the light of day

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seems to be a number of those No new shiney commitments around the blogs.. I bet very few get kept!
    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an impressive list of to do's but I'm sure you find it do-able.
    But no new shiny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still in awe at your output and your targets for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive start. No new armies. Just what I am saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm anxious to see the panel truck in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Cjhasseur - thanks! No apology necessary - it's very easy to underestimate how much you can paint . I remember having to raise my target twice during my first Challenge.

    @ Ian - it's a bit like a re-run of last year with the pair of us pushing each other :)

    @ Ray - you'll notice I only said "no new armies". No mention of fleets (wet or space navy) or air forces ;)

    @ Petal - potentially ambitious, but that's a good thing :)

    @ Dave D - I haven't said no new shinies, just no new armies :)

    @ Dannoc - If I get half of it done, I'll be happy :)

    @ Zabadak - well, I am awesome! :)

    @ Legatus - indeed, no new armies. Good luck to both of us with that, although we've got existing armies which can always be added to ;)

    @ Swelter - I'll start working on the cops and their vehicles once the Russkis are out of the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a plan? ;)
    Still in awe of your SYW work thus far. Looking forward to seeing the ACW stuff.
    Best for 2015 (if it's not too late to say that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed Padre, However, I suspect that the old proverb of plans falling apart at first contact with the enemy (in this case shinies) will prove to be true :)

      Delete