About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 20 February 2012

WIP: Tamsin's Equine Development Facility #1

Well, my cold was a bit better today, although my energy levels were still down but at least I wasn't as achey and my chest didn't feel as clogged up.

In between bouts of coughing, sneezing, nose blowing etc I did manage to get all 120 horses primed with gesso (quick check - all grey, no green = none accidentally primed with mucus *lol*).

Nope, no green primer there!


I wasn't totally happy with the wash stage when I did the horses for my "other cavalry", so this evening I played around testing a few mixes to see if they might do better. I eventually settled on 3 new mixes - 1 for chestnuts, 1 for duns and roans and 1 for the very occasional palominos that I might paint (although it could perhaps be used for creams as well - I'll be giving it a tryout with some of these horses). I also need to remember to use a thinned-down version of the black wash, particularly when doing the dark-greys.

Tomorrow, if my cold permits, I'll make some headway on the 48 javelin troops, then on Wednesday I'll do a "whitewash" on the horses, followed by the brown-wash to pick out details.

2 comments:

  1. Wow..........these are coming along in leaps and bounds, cant wait to see the end result. Good to see your colds getting better.
    No painting this end, 37degrees today a bit on the warm side for me.......maybe a beer and a swim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modelling and ill, damn good work.....

    ReplyDelete