About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 5 February 2012

WIP: Sarmatian Camp #2

Last night I was playing around with the bits to try out different arrangements for the camp or camps. I discovered that all of the bits (gers, camp followers, goats, loot and cook fires) can fit onto a single base (120 x 80 mm) but it looked a bit too "busy" and doesn't leave much room for scenic details. Here is a pic of the first single-base set up I tried:


What to you think - too crowded?

7 comments:

  1. @Roby - it's for FoG

    @Seb - it does look good, but I'll need to buy more camp followers and paraphernalia for my next army. Mind you, it will be a while before I do another army up for FoG, so maybe .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fine. If you´ve ever done re-enactment camps or visited them they are pretty cluttered and close together.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul - never done re-enactment, but was in the TA years back and helped on lots of Cub and Scout camps, so I know from those how cluttered they can be in RL. My main concern was the visual aspect - too much going on in such a small space could make it less aesthetically pleasing.

    I'll try a few different arrangements and post pics so that you guys can let me know which looks best

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will look quite realistic. Camps tended to be busy rag tag affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fine, will look even better when the basing is done.......

    ReplyDelete