About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 4 February 2012

WIP: Sarmatian "Other Cavalry" #08 - finished!!!

Finished at last!!! It really seemed like a long haul doing these, probably because it was a long haul.

All 48 "other cavalry" are painted, varnished, Klear/ink washed and based with basing texture mix added. As I know you'll all complain if there are no piccies to see, I took several.

En mase:



1st Battle Group:



2nd Battle Group:



3rd Battle Group:



4th Battle Group:





As a reward for finally completing them, instead of cracking on with painting my light foot bow and javelin troops, I decided to do some fun work and painted up the bits and pieces for my camp bases. Depending on how far I get with them, there may even be some pics later on tonight.

12 comments:

  1. !!! Cracking looking cavalry!!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realy nice looking figures - very wargameable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys - just so glad to have finally finished them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody hell Tamsin, they look good, and now I'm behind you. Darn

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ray, Geminian - thanks for the compliments

    @Seb - also thanks. I do recall saying that these would put me ahead of you in the BGs painted race ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff Tamsin. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Phil - how are your Parthians doing? (It is Parthians isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff, lots of colour variety, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic looking minis - the sight of the entire army is very impressive! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete