About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 5 February 2012

WIP: Sarmatian Camp #3 and Light Foot Archers #1

Seb - oh dear, what have I got here?


(for those not in the know, Seb is in my group for the first round of our club's FoG tournament and is busily painting up a Qin Chinese army - we're racing each other a little bit to see who is finished first)

Just when you thought you had a chance of catching up with me on the painting stakes, along come 4 BGs of light foot which should be painted and based on Tuesday evening!!! I should manage to get the rest of the painting done by the end of tomorrow, leaving washes, varnish, Klear/ink and basing for Tuesday.

I think when these boys are finished I'll move on to the light foot javelin troops (need to do the prep work on the 24 extras I received the other day). After that I'll get my light horse done, then the command groups.


Camps - 3 alternative layouts:

I've played around a bit more with camp layouts and now have three alternatives. The first one is in the post below this, but here are the other two that I tried and thought looked OK.



Which of the three layouts do you think works best? I'm leaning towards the last one at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the top one a bit more rage tag than the last which seems very regimented.

    Cheers Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top one in this post? I can see what you mean about the last one being somewhat regimented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nooooooooooooooooooo.

    Erm. I too prefer the top one from this post, very lifelike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top one isn't bad but it's what you like that counts....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looks as though the top one is the most popular so I guess I'll go with that. Now to find a twig to chop up to represent the cut firewood :)

    ReplyDelete