About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 26 June 2021

Paint Table Saturday 26 June

 


I've got quite a bit done since Wednesday's post. For a start, all of the coconut palms and the sago palms have had their basing done:

This box has all of those coconut palms:


I actually have more individually based coconut palms than I need for the plantations. 

Speaking of plantations, the extra eighty banana plants arrived on Thursday, along with some more trees:

9cm pines, some deciduous trees and the bananas

I've removed the leaves (sorted into bags by type) ready for prepping the trunks:


Yesterday I decided it was time to get the yoga pad foam blended down. It went to a nice "crumb" very easily, much easier than the car washing sponge foam did. There was also hardly any loss of volume:


It may be a while before I get a chance to test it out for making clump foliage, mainly because for the next few days at least my workbench will be very full.

Back to the plantations. Today I have been adding texture gunk to the first set of terrain tiles, the ones for the banana plantation:


Tomorrow I will be painting and drybrushing these tiles. I should also be able to add the herbs and "fix" them. Monday should see me finishing the tiles with patches of scrub mix and static grass. And then I can start on the next set of tiles, for the palm and rubber plantations. Hopefully I'll have them all done by next weekend.

If you scroll back to the photo at the top...oh, what the heck, here it is again:


...you will see that I also have a number of scatter bases in various states of progress. For the coconut/rubber plantations I decided to add some MDF washers for 40mm bases so that I can add in removable bits of foliage. I then decided to do some 50mm bases of secondary jungle foliage to go onto tree bases. I've also herbed up some larger scatter bases that have been sitting around for a couple of weeks.

That's it for today folks!

3 comments:

  1. You have been very busy Tamsin, and what a large plantation that will be when finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your focus, I have a tendency to get bored doing the same thing!
    All power to your elbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dave - indeed I have. When finished, the banana plantation will be 60cm x 60cm; the palm/rubber plantation tiles will be 60cm x 120cm [but with a lower density of trees]. :)

    @ Herkybird - with these it isn't too difficult to maintain focus as I can view each part as being a different project. :)

    ReplyDelete