About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 10 May 2012

Styrofoam Hills #3 and Tufty Sarmatians

All the Sarmatian bases have now had grass tufts added. I decided not to add clump foliage to them. They are now all set for getting matt spray varnish tomorrow.

"Run to the hills....."


The hills are all but finished now - they just need a sealing coat. Given my experience with spraymount adhesive (leaves the surface very sticky for ages), and using a dropper to apply PVA (seems to mess things up) I've decided to bite the bullet and get some scenic cement and a sprayer tomorrow.

Pics showing the last three stages:

After dry-brushing with Cool Grey matt emulsion

After adding patches of sand/ore/ballast mix

After adding flock




11 comments:

  1. Those look the business Tasmin......... and ya can't beat a bit of classic Maiden to flock to that's what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Tamsin very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good and will look even better once you have some Sarmatians standing on top of those hills surveying the enemy to be vanquished on the plains below!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    @Kingsley - Once they're sealed and the Sarmies are varnished tomorrow, I'll take pic of some on top for you

    @Willie - somewhat less productive than other weeks - not a single figure has been touched with a paintbrush in days!

    @Steve - it was an easy choice :) Now, if I'd been posting pics of an assembled and painted Lancaster, it would have been a hard choice - the Girlschool or Motorhead version of "Bomber" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motorhead version for me Tasmin , it's a classic!

      Delete
  5. Looking good, funny how frustrating it can be to not paint figures even if you are doing the stuff that goes around it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top quality Tamsin, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn nice hills Tamsin, damn nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent end result Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete