About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Piccies from Campaign; WIP: Old Glory 30YW Cuirassiers #2

I'm still too frazzled to do AARs of the weekend's games, but I have uploaded my pics to Flickr. At some point I'll go through and add to the descriptions.

Cuirassiers

I've done a bit more on these this evening:


  • Basecoats on horses (3 different browns for the bays, and a red-brown for the chestnut and black)
  • Black wash all over on the grey and black horses - thinly on the grey and heavily on the black
  • Black wash on cannons, tail, mane and muzzles of the bays 
  • Chestnut wash mix on the chestnut
  • Dun/bay wash mix on the bays
  • Black wash thinly on the armour

Tomorrow evening I'll do the markings, ground colour and a lighter highlight on the mane and tail of the chestnut. If I have time, I'll do the leatherwork on the horses and maybe the saddle cloths.

I guess you want pics? Well, here they are:






9 comments:

  1. Always at work...
    By the way for a grey horse try this method:
    base light-medium grey
    washing medium-dark grey
    thinly black washing

    And Happy Wargaming.

    Marzio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frazzled or not you are still getting work done on your figs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the knitted/crocheted terrain! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work wish I could free up some time to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Marzio - thanks for the tip for the greys. I'll give it a try next time.

    @ Rosbif - I did say Lynda has an unusual approach to making terrain pieces. My team captain asked if she took commissions, but she doesn't.

    @ all - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you are making some progress and that is better than me at present.

    ReplyDelete