About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 26 January 2014

Challenge Day 43 - 15 Men....

....and 141 of their mates. Yes, I'm still working on the big batch of pirates. I'm not that quick that they're already finished!

I've made good progress today, more than anticipated. I've managed to paint the hair and footwear on all the figures. I also got the bases painted with yellow ochre. And I've made a start on the third colour set, with 2 of the 9 colours in this round done; I should manage to get at least one more colour done before I go to bed.

So, some pics. I've gone in close with these.







Vehicle Bonus Theme Round

Well, the poll closed an hour or so ago. It appears that someone had posted a link on Cool Mini Or Not which resulted in a massive surge of votes in the last few hours that the poll was open. I was quite pleased to see that my NSL fleet managed to garner a total of 39 votes.

9 comments:

  1. Coming along nicely. This painting challenge is certainly a commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo can't wait to see these done. Aaaarrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is still a power of work that you have been doing young lady! They are looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's where the votes came from; I had wondered. Pirates coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Work the Horde is coming along nicely. An impressive work rate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great.

    PS: Your comment on my Monday post made me laugh out loud. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a horde of Pirates for sure and I am amazed at the speed that you paint them

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's productivity alright; you'll have some people looking over their shoulders before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes folks, it's a lot of work doing these. With the numbers of colours in each colour set, and the randomisation it is actually more time consuming than painting 256 Swiss pikemen in canton colours! Thank goodness for my system :)

    ReplyDelete