About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 16 January 2014

Challenge Day 33

Sickness Update - much improved now and back at work today.

Things are progressing quite nicely now. The pics of the NSL fleet have been uploaded to a transfer site for Curt. Although I didn't get much painting done over the last couple of days, at least I thought not, I have managed to submit another entry this evening (the 30YW limber teams) and I've very nearly finished painting the figures for the casualties bonus round. I should finish the painting this evening and will do the basing tomorrow night, finishing them on Saturday.

I've also made a good start on the PyRats. Their fur has been painted - basecoat, drybrush and wash - and their weapons have been basecoated. I'll be working on their clothing then doing metals tomorrow night and hope to have them finished over the weekend.




8 comments:

  1. Glad you are well again! - being unwell SUCKS! - unless you arwell enough to paint figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those casualty figures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, that is always so much fun painting! Hey I re-created my tech blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will endeavour to maintain a steady pace like your good self. But I have to build two terrain boards for the BROADSIDE Game. Enough of me I am a big fan of the whole Py-RAT theme and it will be great to see them roll off your painting table. Good to know you are ahead on each of the bonus rounds. I shall continue to use your progress as a barometer of where I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tamsin,

    Although not one of your official "followers" I do look forward to your posts. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather, when I am ill I don't feel like painting and certainly stay away from my friends to avoid getting them sick. Have you ever considered moving to somewhere warm where the chills and ague of the winter can't find you? You can still get your minis and paints....
    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your on the mend, looking forward to seeing your casualties finished as I will need to get some of these myself at some point

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear your health is back - which is interesting considering your current project - casualties ;) Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks folks!

    @ Clint - getting stuff ready for the show game is more important than doing bits for the Challenge. The pyRats will be a fun unit to have.

    @ Jerry - if I had the money to do so, I'd certainly consider it. Nowhere too hot or sunny though as I'm a redhead :)

    @ Dean - a spooky coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete