About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Challenge Day 18 - Happy 2nd Blogday to Me!

My word, is it really 2 years ago that I started this blog? Of course it is. Well, happy blogday to me!

As I mentioned on Monday, there will be a celebratory prize draw but it will be delayed until I can show you photos of the prize - it will be my villain entry for the Challenge.

Last night I did manage to finish the Koreans before the end of 2013, although it did mean I had to switch on my patented localised time freezing machine for a little over 3 hours. Pics have been taken and the submission emailed to Curt. I'm hoping they will be posted this evening.

After a late start this morning (after midday! Well, I didn't get to be until gone 4am) I have made a start on the coureurs de bois this afternoon. Following my psychotic efforts with large batches, these will provide a welcome break. I'm hoping to finish them up by the end of the weekend. Here's a quick WIP shot.



That's all for today folks. Tomorrow I'll be back at work which will slow my painting output down quite a bit (stop that cheering Ian!).

So, it's somewhat traditional to post plans for the coming year. I guess I'd better do something like that then.

Painting
1. Place well in this year's Challenge
2. Finish my Buccaneer army by my birthday and get several games of FoG:R in with it
3. Get my 6mm ACW armies painted up and play some games with them
4. Get my NSL fleet painted by my birthday and my Japanese fleet painted by the end of June
5. Finish painting my Sarmatians and Scythians
6. Get a decent bunch of my 15mm SciFi stuff painted

Gaming
1. Try to average at least one gaming session per week
2. Avoid tournaments this year
3. Get the following armies on the table as many times as possible - buccaneers, Koreans, Swiss, Sarmatians, 30YW
4. Play lots of Full Thrust
6. Play several games of Saga
7. Play a few games of Polemos ACW when my 6mm armies are ready
8. Organise a multi-player 30YW FoG:R game for a bank holiday weekend

Shows
Attend the following - Salute, Broadside, Colours, SELWG

Spending
I've already made a small start to this year's spending - some figures and parts I need for my Challenge entry fee. I couldn't find the exact figure I wanted, so I'll have to do some conversion work.

As my plan for this year is to concentrate on painting stuff I already have, I shouldn't be purchasing any new figures. Well, apart from whatever I buy using my 20% discount voucher for GZG. And bits I see at shows, But definitely no new projects. No, sirree. Just bits to expand or complete existing projects.Or bits to provide opposition forces. Oh, look - shinies! Must buy, must buy!

Blogging
I'm hoping to post more frequently this year than I did in 2013. I'll aim for at least 4 posts per week.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 2nd blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 2nd year - keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the anniversary. Make sure you keep that resolution about blogging more frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, as usual Tamsin!

    I like your resolutions list as well; maybe I should set myself some realistic goals for the year and see what happens rather than simply drifting from one project to another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday Tamsin, I've sent you my address, as you know it'll be me who wins the villain figure, is it a badger by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogday. I enjoy reading it so I look forward to more posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogday! The Buccaneer army should be a BLAST to play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogaversary

    Me cheering? You bet ;-)

    I managed a submission today, just 364 infantry, should you be scared?

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a plan, enjoy it it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Tamsin.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice update. Good luck with all your plans most of them sound like just my sort of thing. Particularly the 6mm ACW.. (I already have a 6mm Army that has not seen the light of day for at least 20 years) With luck you will inspire me.

    I hope the year ahead brings you all you desire. As well as peace and love to all those you surround yourself with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blog Day! And good luck with the plans for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeh! 2 years and still going! - + still as popular as ever! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many happy blog returns Tamsin, here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on reaching the Two Year Mark! Best wishes to you this year and good luck in striving for your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Andrew - lots of people want a Tamsin original, so you'll just have to be lucky!

    @ Alastair, Ferb and Dean - cheers!

    @ Edwin - I will do my best to keep up the blogging

    @ Ev - they're barely started in those pics! I'm not sure how realistic my resolutions are, but it's good to have goals.

    @ Ray - address not received. Besides, I'll be rigging things to give others a chance as you already have a Tamsin original

    @ Rodger and Aaron - cheers!

    @ Monty - they will be a fun army to play with. A little one-dimensional perhaps, but that makes for easy tactical decisions

    @ Ian - I can hear it all the way down here in London. Oh, and you forgot the 4 mounted officers with that lot. All I can say is thank goodness they're 6mm!

    @ Dave - will do!

    @ The Kiwi - cheers!

    @ Clint - the 6mm ACW is something I really should get done, having bought most of the figures at Colours 2011

    @ Andy, Herkybird, Mr Awdry,Ted and Stefan - cheers guys!

    ReplyDelete