About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 24 January 2014

Challenge Day 41 - PyRats

Well, they're up and people seem to like them. These 24 PyRats from Rebel Minis earned me 48 points which took me past the 1000 point mark.












I've continued work on the 2 batches of human pirates this evening. Did anybody spot the stupid mistake I made last night? Need a hint? OK. I should have done the oily steel drybrush before painting the wood on the firearms and axes. This meant I had to waste some time this evening going back over the wood.

I've made a start on the flesh. So far, I've managed to do all the non pink-flesh shades. This took a while because I was rolling dice to randomise which figures would get each shade. Doing the pink-shade flesh should be a bit quicker as I just have to paint the figures that don't already have flesh!

8 comments:

  1. Arrggh! Them be great looking PyRats Tamsin! Your'e mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the whole army now that you have given me a taster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on breaking the 1000pts Tamsin and they look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Pyrats, maybe these are the things that rats on ghost ships evolve into. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Very clever - nice brushwork too. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Loki - they are fun aren't they?

    @ Ray - aaarrr! Definitely mad! :)

    @ Clint - the rest won't be quite such fun as these :(

    @ PK - thank you!

    @ Iowa Grognard - and heading for the coast of Ireland? ;)

    @ Dean - some of the brushwork was a little scrappy, but it doesn't show up in these pics :)

    @ Marzio - I am many things, but your God is not one of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not spot the mistake BUT they are very scary. Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete