About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 26 October 2022

Wednesday Workbench 26 October 2022

 


I've begun work on some test paints of the 1:270 scale starships. These were early prints from before I had my printer dialed in which I kept for this purpose rather than binning them. 

I spray primed them all this morning, then used my airbrush to prime three of them grey and one black. This afternoon I also tested the colour shift paint on the black-primed ship. 


It works nicely, but I might get some other colours to try - the copper/violet tones don't contrast as much as I'd like.

I'll do some accent detailing on the colour-shift ship tomorrow and start work on the others.


I've also primed a 28mm test figure I've printed. I'll have a go at painting it this weekend to see how it comes out.


3D Printing


Since the weekend I have printed some more cargo pieces ranging from luggage items up to shipping containers. I also printed some more "bitz" (not shown - it's the same stuff I printed before, just in a different filament colour). I've got a few more cargo items to print, and some other terrain bits. After those, I'm not sure what I will decide to print - I think I've got enough terrain bits to be going on with!

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing how these paint up Tamsin, and see what you mean on the colour shift not having a big gradient to it, but a lot of that could be the photo. Nice looking cargo scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! This colour-shift doesn't photograph too well and the effect seems to vary with different lighting. :)

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Tamsin. You've inspired me to pick up my own 3D printer with all your excellent coverage of their pros & cons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you want to chat about 3D printers, I'm happy to offer advice based on my own experience. :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, you can never have enough storage containers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you can't, especially when you are going to have a spaceship with a very large cargo bay to fill! :)

      Delete