About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 29 October 2022

Paint Table Saturday 29 October 2022

 


Well, it took me a little bit longer than anticipated to finish the test paints of the spaceships. Apart from the priming and gloss varnishing, everything was done by hand-brush.

They're OK, but using an ink wash after glass varnishing just made them look dirty. I think the best option for when I do the good prints of the ships will be to prime them black (or dark grey, followed by a black wash) followed by a grey drybrush to catch all the panels and raised details, then a final light drybrush of white to catch panel edges. And then to apply thin airbrush coats, which means masking. That should keep the recessed panel lines darker than the raised panels.


3D Printing

Since Wednesday I have printed some more pool tables (finally of the correct size), some Shadowrun "jackpoints" and a whole load of small cargo pieces - crates, barrels, drums, boxes.

To use up what is left of this spool, I am currently doing some prints to test printing speed settings to see if I can decrease the time it will take me to print future 28mm starships.


4 comments:

  1. The ships look very effective Tamsin, they have a nice weathered look to them. Can never have too many barrels and crates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think these small items will do me for now! :)

      Delete
  2. Those ships look super! - How many ships do you need to play your games? - you have a lot already. don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ships will just be for display, or maybe they'll hit the table as props if I ever get back into Traveller RPG with other folks. :)

      Delete