About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 10 October 2022

Finished: 28mm Waffen SS Support Squad

 


These ended up taking me a few days longer to finish than planned. For a start, I've had a really bad cold which made me not want to paint for a couple of days. I've also been having an issue with my 3D printing - my current roll of filament seems to have been very badly spooled and keeps tangling, which means I have to keep checking on it to clear any tangles before they cause a failed print.

But done they are, so here are the pics:


MG42 Teams




Riflemen




The figures with camo are from Artizan, the ones without are from The Assault Group.

And a final photo of the squad with their NCO (painted a while ago):


This leaves me with just two officer figures to paint (for now) plus the AFVs to finish off.


14 comments:

  1. Excellent paint-jobs, Tamsin. Very nice indeed. What a great looking support squad. Out of interest though, how do you untangle your filament whilst the machine's printing..? Doesn't that mean you have to stand there throughout the entire print - or can you see the knots coming on the spool..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :)
      The "tangles" are where strands which should be lower down have somehow slipped over the ones above. At some point that will tighten preventing the filament from feeding. It's usually fairly easy to sort out during a print if you spot it in time.

      Delete
  2. Those are excellent! I always like figures wearing the Feldmütze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those have turned out really nice. Great stuff Tamsin.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Tamsin, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I do like the TAG Germans they are nicely sculpted and posed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      The only thing I don't like about TAG figures is that the sculptors tend to add lots of unnecessary wrinkles/creases in sleeves and trouser legs.

      Delete