About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Finished: 28mm Leather Coated Waffen SS Officers

 


And they're done. That's the last of the Waffen SS figures for now. I suppose at some point I will get around to finishing off the bases (and those of the British Airborne at the same time).


Senior Leader


I needed a second senior leader and this figure from The Assault Group screamed out to be used.



The original highlights on the leather coat looked a bit too stark, so I toned them down with a black glaze.


Jump Off Point





This figure was part of my original purchases from Artizan. It didn't really fit for an "active" figure, but it works well for a Jump Off Point.


8 comments:

  1. They look great Tamsin! Black is such a hard colour to get right with shadowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The best way I've found is to basecoat in a dark grey, use a black wash all over, the over-highlight and finally tone everything down with a black glaze. :)

      Delete
  2. Ha, the last pic makes him look like a hunchback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on them both. Your black looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the black coats there in the end! :)

      Delete