About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 6 March 2022

Paint Table Saturday 05 March 2022


As you can see, I am set up ready to paint some figures. I'll be starting on them tomorrow; there's also a vehicle which I've started but isn't in the photo. If all goes well, I should have them all finished and varnished on Tuesday. Which will leave me clear to start work on painting the SciFi buildings.

I've finished the first two sets of character figures, taken photos and submitted the posts which should get published tomorrow.

When I ordered more black primer, I also decided to order the starter set of Army Painter's "Speed Paints". 

They arrived on Thursday and I tested them on a white index card to see how the colours look:

Zealot Yellow, Fire Giant Orange, Blood Red, Hive Dweller Purple, Highlord Blue,
Orc Skin, Pallid Bone, Crusader Skin, Hardened Leather, Gravelord Grey

I do have some figures in mind to test them on, but that might not be until after the Challenge.




10 comments:

  1. Oh the new speed paints, let me know you like of them and how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do - might be a couple of weeks before I get to test them though. :)

      Delete
  2. I will be interested in reading your opinion of the speed paints. Some of my friends are being seduced by these. Although I have spent years learning how to paint with opaque paints from a black undercoat painting dark-to-light so I don't think I can change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly paint how you do, but I have tried unsuccessfully to get a similar effect to these in the past. If they work, they might be good for rapidly turning out 15mm armies. :)

      Delete
  3. I echo PanzerKaput, having heard good and bad about Speed paints. I wonder if they do leach through if painted over with another colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that they can leach through if you go over them with thin paint or heavy brush strokes. I think the trick is to be as neat as possible, painting within the lines and to spray/airbrush varnish them before using normal paints. :)

      Delete
  4. Look forward to seeing the models progress Tamsin, with how quick you work, I'm sure it won't be long before you have them posted, and will be interesting to see your thoughts on the new paints as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first ones will be posted on Sunday, the others probably the following Sunday (last day of the Challenge), with some other figures painted and submitted in between.

      Depending on how things go, I might get to try the speedpaints before the challenge ends, but most likely after.

      Delete
  5. Interesting, please do report on the speed paints. They might be quite handy for painting klutzes like me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen, you need to be quite neat when painting with them.

      Delete