About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Wednesday Workbench 09 February 2022

 


As you might be able to see from the photo above, I've done a bit more work on the diorama base. Sandbags have been added and the rubble piles have also been done (properly this time). I had a lot of spare texture paste (brown acrylic frame sealant, sand and a little water) left over, so I grabbed some terrain bases, added some styrofoam shapes and made some rubble scatter pieces. Those are painted and varnished now, so no photos until the submission gets posted.

I've also finished painting the British Airborne figures today, so no photos of them either.

Which just leaves what I'm working on at the moment - the diorama base. Earlier this evening I started playing with oil washes to tart up the building. So far, I've used burnt umber to shade the cracks on the outer walls:


Tomorrow, when the paint has had time to dry in the recesses, I'll do a bit more cleanup with white spirit. After that I'll do some "dot washes" to add some streaks, and some very thin washes to stain around the base of the building.





6 comments:

  1. That is working out very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all done now - the final post should go up tomorrow on the Challenge blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice!- I always love the natural look you have on your terrain pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress Tamsin, the extra detail is brining this to life.

    ReplyDelete