About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 26 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Red Dragoons #3

And they're finished :-)

After varnishing them, I spotted that I'd missed the white trim on the front of the jackets so quickly did that before tufting and flocking them (I'd dry-brushed the basing gunk last night).

So, here they are in all their glory:






I'll do another WIP post later tonight to show progress on the reiters.

6 comments:

  1. Glorry indeed, they look very nice. The base does not look as crouded as the last unit of dragoons either

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. Not sure why they look less crowded - same base size, same number of figures. Maybe it's just the positioning on the base?

      Delete
  2. The horses really stand out Tamisin. The highlighting you did on those hindquarters is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Scotty - cheers!

    @ Anne - amazingly enough, my technique for painting horses doesn't require any highlighting. I get that effect from a white undercoat, thin brown (various shades) basecoat, ink wash then the Klear/ink coat at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great results from your Kleer coat, they come up very nice when matte coated!

    ReplyDelete