About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 19 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Commanders #4

It's too hot to paint! But I've done a bit anyway - the following steps have been done today:

Hair
Hats (including highlight dry-brushing)
Collars, hat feathers and drum skins
Belts and scabbards
Sashes
Touch-ups of clothing
Touch-ups of horses

This just leaves some minor detailing to do tomorrow (metals etc) and then I can give them a Klear/ink coat and get them based. I won't have all the basing stuff done before I use them for my first FoG:R game on Monday, but they'll be good to go as they are.

Oh, you want pics? Typical!





5 comments:

  1. We've missed the heatwave up here in the Ridings (it's not been nippy though!) The commanders look great, the horses look really natural

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming on nice, we also failed to get the promissed heat, we just had the prats plying loud drum and base till gone 2am that normally comes with the hot weather

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tim - thanks. The horses are the easiest part of this project now I have a method down pat.

    @ Ian - I'm actually pleasantly surprised that I haven't had to suffer the prats playing music really loud down here. However it's usually until 4 or 5am when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too hot to paint? Nearly 40° here...;-)

    Marzio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marzio! I know - it's nowhere near that hot here, but after being down around 20C for the last week or so, the sudden jump to 32-34 is a bit of a shock to the system. I just wish our weather here would make it's mind up.

      Delete