About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 7 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Foot, the Green-Red and Red-Blue Regiments #3

After feeling pretty darned good yesterday (my cold seemed to have eased right off), I was brought crashing down today - sore throat, lost voice, aching all over (but particularly around my right shoulder) and somewhat spacey. I have managed to get some painting done though, but have had to take longer breaks than normal.

Done today:

Gloves - for the Red-Blues in Burnt Umber; for the Green-Reds in 50:50 Burnt Umber and Khaki Grey
Hats - for the Red-Blues either Burnt Umber of 50:50 Burnt Umber and Khaki Grey; for the Green-Reds either 50: 50 Burnt Umber and Khaki grey or Khaki Grey with a little Burnt Umber mixed in. They were then lightly dry-brushed with a lighter shade
Belts, scabbards and bags/pouches, base coat on apostles and match cord - Leather Brown for troopers, Black for officers
Apostles - dry-brushed with Tan Yellow
Match cord - thick wash of Ivory

For the troopers this just leaves collars, hat-feathers, stocking ribbons and cuffs (Regimental colour) and sword hilts to do (plus any touchups) before they get their Klear/ink coat.

For the officers there are the above steps, plus some detailing to do.

I might manage to get them finished to the Klear/ink coat tomorrow. Here are some pics in the meantime:







8 comments:

  1. Painting through the pain Tamsin, the boys wouldn't do it and nice work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you got quite a bit done even though you was feeling rather rough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you're doing a bang-up job of getting things done. You got in late last night after winning and now your sick, but you still managed to paint. I don't think these men stand a chance against you Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking figs, they will look excellent when based together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats the Olympic spirit Tasmin! Breaking through the wall! i particualy like the colour of those green Jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good progress, hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete