Last night they got glued onto bases and basing gunk added. This afternoon I dry-brushed the gunk, sprayed them with matt varnish and then flocked them. I haven't tufted them - when I checked my box-file I spotted that the first 3 regiments I'd painted hadn't been tufted. I may do tufting of them all tomorrow afternoon.
So, the pics:
Oh, the perils of the close-up! It my be not so obvious here, but if you enlarge this pic you'll see that the Colonel's forehead has some pretty big "pockmarks". I'm not going to do anything about it - I think they actually add a little bit of character to him.
I'm not sure how, but this regiment does seem to have somehow gained more than the average number of not-very-well-prepped figures - several have VML ("visible mold line").
And now for the two regiments together:
I do like how the darker shades of red and green for the breeches look against the brighter jackets colours on the officers. There's a part of me that wants to go back to the first three of regiments I did and go over the breeches of their officers but that would just be too fiddly so I'll leave them.
On The Workbench
This evening I have done the white-wash on the horses of the command groups, dragoons and reiters. I might do the black basecoat for the armour and carbine/pistol barrels before I go to bed. Then, after dry-brushing with Oily Steel and doing a black wash for the cuirassier type armour, I'll do the horse flesh colours & washes and markings in one go, before splitting them off into their separate groups for the rest of the painting.