About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 26 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Red Dragoons #2; WIP: 30YW Blue Reiters #2

Not part of the WIP:

Sad to hear that Neil Armstrong has died aged 82. A sad loss of an inspiring figure.


WIP: 30YW Red Dragoons

Almost finished - just need to dry-brush the basing gunk, spray with matt varnish, tuft and flock. That was quick work, and the unit will be finished tomorrow.

Now, when you see the pics, you'll probably be wondering "why the heck is she calling them "Red Dragoons"?" Well, take a look at the cuffs and trim - they're red!





WIP: 30YW Blue Reiters

While the Klear/ink was drying on the dragoons, I did a little bit of work on the reiters - black basecoat for the helmets, armour and musket barrels, and Mahogany Brown on the musket stocks. I will probably do the Oily Steel dry-brush on the armour etc before heading off to bed. Tomorrow I will definitely get the horses finished and should get a decent way to completing the riders.


2 comments:

  1. And the flags red too, don't forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress as always, looking forward to seeing them all finished

    ian

    ReplyDelete