Sorry for not posting yesterday - I was just feeling shattered and didn't feel like painting, so there was nothing to post about.
I've got my first ever game of FoG:R lined up for Monday, so a minor change to plans was needed. I had been planning to do the armour/gun barrels/metallics and horse colours for the commanders, reiters, dragoons and the artillery in one batch and then split them for the rest of the painting. However, I will want my commanders finished for Monday's game so I've decided to focus on them.
This evening I have done the following:
Yellow Ochre basecoat for breeches, jackets, sashes and saddle cloths
Black basecoat for armour, gun barrels and drawn swords
Oily Steel dry-brush for armour, gun barrels and drawn swords
Thin black ink wash over armour
Very thin black-brown ink wash all over to provide deep shading (I could have omitted this step - the next step seems to have covered it)
Thinned down paint basecoats for horse flesh*
*1 horse = Ivory, 2 horses = Pale Bluegrey, 2 horses = Light Grey, 3 horses = Chocolate Brown, 3 horses = Mahogany Brown, 1 horse = Mahogany Brown with a little Iraqi Sand. The horses with Chocolate Brown and Mahogany brown basecoats will be split between chestnuts and blacks when I do the wash-shading step
Before I go to bed tonight I'll do the shading washes on the horses. In the meantime here's a pic:
I should be able to get these done in time, despite not being able to do anything this Thursday - I have my third match in the group stage of the club's Medieval FoG tourney - my Swiss against Simon's Seljuk Turks.