About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 20 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Commanders #6

Was I complaining about the hot weather? Well, I'll extend a partial retraction on that as it did have a benefit. Last night, the basing gunk dried much quicker than normal allowing me to get not just the dry-brushing done, but also the matt varnish spray, tufting and flocking!

That's right - they're finished!!!

I took some pics before I went to bed, but left the re-sizing to this morning. It was at this point that I realised I'd forgotten to do a rear view shot. Well, if you're good boys and girls I'll try to remember to take a shot this evening when I get back from my game of FoG:R.

In the meantime....






15 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible again...

    Too hot to paint but not too hot to base...;-)

    Marzio...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marzio :)

      The heat actually benefited the basing - gunk and PVA glue dried quicker than normal so I was able to get everything done

      Delete
  3. Nice, though my paints keep drying!!!!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I was doing a bunch of individuals, so my paints didn't have time to dry out.

      Delete
  4. Tamsin, they look really splendid. I have a particular weakness for "lobster"s in the ECW and TYW, and I see one there. Stylish and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very good there as but all your troops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Sidney and Panzerkaput!

    Sidney - the stand with the 3/4 armoured cuirassier is to represent my C-in-C - appropriate for his "life guard" to be the tough nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're very nice, how hot can it get in England anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing looking minis there Tamsin. I have a soft spot for the ECW/TYW period.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Dan and Carl :)

    @ Dan - admittedly I've known it to get hotter than it was at the weekend, but t's usually accompanied by a decent breeze that cools things down a bit. OK, so we don't get anywhere near the temperatures some places reach, but when you're not used to them, they do seem much worse. The humidity over the weekend didn't help - just shy of 100%!

    @ Carl - as a teenager I'd always fancied doing ECW (still have a hankering) but have developed a much stronger interest in the 30YW since I started reading a bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ECW is a fantastically diverse and deep
      subject but I think the lure of the TYW has to come from the Swedish intervention leading to the culminative battle between Gustav Adolphus and
      Wallenstien. I the result had not ended with a
      Swedish win albeit with the death of Alophus,
      Things in Europe and history could have been alot
      different. I could go on but rambled enough ;-)

      Delete
  10. Tamsin. Where as the ECW is a diverse and fantastically deep subject (I once was a member of the Sealed Knot, Now live in Huntingdon home of Cromwell and just down the road from Naseby) I think the lure of the TYW is the stories of Gustav Adolphus and the Swedish intervention, if the culminating battle between Adolphus and Wallenstien had not resulted in Gustav's death, it would be interesting to see how history might have changed with a well led Sweddish force. I could go on but think I ramble enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete