About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 27 August 2012

WIP: 30YW Blue Reiters #3

And they're finished! Well, the painting is.

Last night I did do the dry-brush of metals with Oily Steel. For the helmets and cuirasses I also gave them a thin coat of black ink wash.

I did 2 sessions today. This afternoon I did the horse markings, horse tack, saddle cloths (Dark Prussian Blue), ground colour on bases, faces (Flesh Base), breeches (Field Blue) and jackets (Dark Blue), This is how they looked at that point:





This evening I have managed to do the following:
Boots
Gloves
Facial hair
Scabbards and powder flasks
Sword sash (Dark Prussian Blue)
Collars
Metalwork (sword hilts, bridle)
Touch ups

So, here they are before I do the Klear/ink coat. It's too late for me to faff around with basing, so I'll do that in the morning. I should have them tufted and flocked by tomorrow evening.





Another FoG:AM Tournament?

On Friday I received an email from a couple of the guys from the club asking if I'd be willing to be the 3rd person on their team for the Derby tournament at the beginning of October. After my experience at Campaign in May, I'm definitely up for it. Given my track record, I'm guessing they must have been turned down by a few people before they scraped the bottom of the barrel and came to me!

So, the meatheads* shall ride again!!! Onwards to seek unfeasibly huge glasses of Ale**!!

*my Sarmatians/Alans
**a running joke which started with this post 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love the shade of blue you chose for the jackets...

    ReplyDelete