About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break. My current interests are Ancients, ACW, 30YW and SciFi gaming.

Wednesday, 20 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 62 - Wednesday Workbench 20 February

Finished (other than basing) on left; WIP on right

Oh, heck! There are just four weeks left until the end of the Challenge! *whimper*

I'm getting rather annoyed by this virus. I was in full swing yesterday and first thing this morning, then "Ha! You thought I'd gone, didn't you? Here, have a large dose of lethargy and inability to focus.". As a result, I haven't managed to finish painting the third batch of Warlord plastics today. Hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow and can get them finished then.

I'm in a little bit of a quandary about which project to go for when the early war Aussies are out of the way. There are two good sized projects waiting in the wings, and I would like to do both but doubt I'd have time for that. The projects are my 15mm WW2 Soviets and my 28mm Wars of the Roses army. It might be the case that I do some of each over the next four weeks.

Tuesday, 19 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 61 - Today's Submission

As the early war Aussies weren't going to be ready for submission today (I finished painting the second batch of 10 this morning, and have started on the third batch this evening) I spent a couple of hours this afternoon painting up a couple of figures for my pulp collection:

The post can be viewed here: *linky-link*

Yes, two 28mm figures for a whopping ten points!

When the third batch of Aussies are painted, I'll do the basing on them before I start on the Perry plastics. All together they should add another 350 points to my total. I should be able to get a few other figures painted up for next week's submission, but I haven't decided what yet.

Sunday, 17 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 59 - Water Feature Bonus Round

Today saw the entries for the fourth of this year's bonus theme rounds posted. And what a varied bunch they are.

You can view the full gallery here:


It is recommended that you use the links in the right-hand sidebar to move between posts as Blogger sometimes skips if you hit "newer post" or "older post".

My entry, as you saw in Wednesday's workbench post was a cargo ship:


Things I realised when painting this ship:

1. It would have been best to do the priming and base colours before assembling the ship.

2. Poundshop masking tape isn't just low tack, it's virtually non-existent tack. This caused some problems when I was airbrushing the white stripe on the deck sections (the stripes on the superstructure were hand-painted).

The ship is a 28mm MDF kit from TT Combat. I also painted up some deck equipment (not shown in the pic above) from Pulp Figures.

ps don't forget to vote for all the entries you think deserve a vote.

Saturday, 16 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 58 - Saturday Workbench 16 February

With the cargo ship completed for my "water feature" bonus round entry, I started work yesterday on my next painting project - some more early war Aussies.

These are the Warlord plastics, bought long before they released their 8th Army Commonwealth pack, so no slouch hats on these. I do have a Commonwealth sprue which came with the recent issue of Wargames Illustrated, so those six figures with slouch hats will be added at some point.

I've been feeling a bit run down the past few days, so progress is a little slow on these and they might not be finished in time for my Tuesday submission. I might paint up a small set of pulp figures tomorrow so that I do have something to post this week; the Aussies can wait until next week which will allow me to include the Perry plastics as well.

When the Aussies are finished I will probably paint up a few sets of pulp figures for weekly submissions while I work on a rather large project.

Wednesday, 13 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 55 - Wednesday Workbench 13 February

As I promised yesterday, here is a WIP pic of what I'm working on at the moment:

Yes, it's my cargo ship from TT Combat. This will be my entry for the "water feature" bonus round. The masking tape on the deck sections is because I need to airbrush a white stripe down them tomorrow.

Tuesday, 12 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 54 - Tuesday Update 12 February

You've probably noticed that I've had quite a busy week. But what do I have to show for it?

Three Challenge entries in one day, that's what I've got to show for it!

The first post was all of my Strontium Dog miniatures:


The second post was some Waffen SS, for a certain Strontium Dog scenario or for historical games:


To round off the day's submissions there was this M3 Stuart tank:


I've started work on my next bonus round entry. You'll see some WIP pics tomorrow.

Sunday, 10 February 2019

AHPC9 Day 52 - Sunday Workbench 10 February

Well...all the Strontium Dog figures are painted & photographed and the post has been submitted for Tuesday. So, no pics of them today; you'll just have to wait until they are up.

The figures currently being painted:

...are tangentially for the Strontium Dog project, but could also be used for historical games. I'm doing them as a separate submission.

You can probably tell that they are Waffen SS. I've just got the Sumpfmuster camo, some details, and highlights to do before they get a black wash, Klear coat, bases painted and matte varnish. Wish me luck with the camo!

I should have them finished today, which will leave me free to work on something else. I'll probably do my submission for the "water feature" bonus round.