About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 5 January 2022

Wednesday Workbench 05 January 2022

 

I've been making very good progress over the past few days, even with the interruption yesterday to fulfill my "minion" duties for the Challenge (Tuesday is my duty day).


The FOO team have been primed and given zenithal highlights with white ink. I've finished painting the tanks - I applied an oil paint pin-wash yesterday and need to leave that a day or so more to ensure it is fully dry before I varnish them and add mud effects.

At the back of the photo you can see three bases with trees - they will be for jump off points for my Japanese platoon, using the excess officer figures from my TAG order. The little blue bits are 5mm foam that I've shaped into small mounds to make anchor points for jungle vegetation - I'll be gluing those in place once I've worked out where the figures will go on the bases.

Speaking of the excess officers:


I started painting them yesterday, then realised late last night that I really should have done the two for the platoon at the same time, so I got those to the same state this morning then finished them all off together. I'll be varnishing them tomorrow, working out figure positions on the jump off point bases, then starting work on those.


Blog Post Plans

As this year's Challenge has assigned posting days, that will allow me to schedule a regular post of my submissions. Sunday is my submission day, so I'll do a post here on Monday of finished stuff.

I'll also (try to) keep up the Wednesday Workbench and Paint Table Saturday posts throughout.

4 comments:

  1. You do make a lot of work for yourself! - but if you enjoy it and get toys on table please continue!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished FOO fighters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zenithal highlights and oil paint pin-washes! My word you have raised the bar Tamsin, smashing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking progress Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - That's a terrible pun, but a decent band! :)

    @ Michael - thanks! I've been doing the zenithal highlighting for a long time, but oil pin washes are new! :)

    @ Dave - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete