WIP: Red Reiters
"Yay!" to some warm dry weather when I got up this morning - I was able to do the matt varnish spray on these (I'd dry-brushed the basing texture last night). This evening I have done the flocking and tufting - they're finished!
On The Workbench
Last night I did some pre-painting of bases - eighteen 40x20mm which I'll need for basing my Swiss handgunners and crossbowmen as well as the rest of my 30YW foot regiments. I still need to do some more of this size, as well as a load of 40x40mm bases for artillery, dragoons, ambush markers and camp pieces.
This evening I've been gluing the prepped figures onto painting sticks (40x40mm bases for the field guns), gluing riders to horses, then gluing lances and shields in place. Doing the shields was unbelievably fiddly - I'm wondering if that was due to the superglue I was using - next time I'll try a more gloopy type.
Once they were all glued and the glue had had time to cure, I primed them all with grey gesso. So, my painting list for the next few days is:
27 Knights for my Lorraine contingent
3 bases of dragoons - 4 horses with riders, 6 horses without riders, 6 dismounted dragoons
Artillery - 2 field guns, 8 crew, 2 piles of cannonballs, 2 powder chests, 2 budge barrels
And here are the whole lot in glorious grey: