WIP: Red Reiters
Almost there - after last night's post I did the final bits of painting, gave the figures a Klear/ink coat then when it had dried I popped them from the sticks and glued them onto their bases. This evening I have added the basing gunk. Tomorrow morning I'll dry-brush the gunk and if the weather is OK for opening windows they'll get their matt varnish spray, allowing me to flock & tuft when I get home from work.
WIP: Swiss Mounted Crossbowmen
I managed to finish the basing last night - rocks glued on, static grass (Noch "Moorland Grass") added followed by some tufts (MiniNatur Early Fall Two-Colour and Early Fall With Leaves). The Moorland Grass looks more lush than I'd expected, so I may go back and add some Meadow Grass later on.
On The Workbench
Realising that I seem to be on a roll at the moment I was starting to run out of figures to paint so last night I started prepping some more figures. Looking at my borrowed Swiss army, I realised that I didn't have as many bases of handgunners as I might need, so I prepped the 16 I got in my initial batch of Swiss from Donnington. If you look at the pic below, the hush-hush troops I'd mentioned before are no longer hush-hush - the Swiss list for FoG includes a "Special Campaign" list for the Burgundian war of 1476 where you can add Rene II, Duc de Lorraine et Bar along with up to 8 bases of kerniggets. So, 27 tin-cans-on-horses to paint up.
They got prepped last night as well and all have been washed in warm soapy water, rinsed and dried. The handgunners and horses have been glued onto painting sticks. The riders are drying at the moment - given how late it is, I'll glue them onto the horses and glue the lances in tomorrow evening, before priming everything.
This evening I've done some more prepping - for my 30YW army this time. I've prepped and put to wash a battery of 2 field guns plus crews and a 3-base units of dragoons (10 horses, 4 riders and 6 dismounted dragoons).
If I have time tomorrow evening, I'll start work on the next regiment of reiters - I think these will be the Green regiment. I should be able to get them finished while the primer cures on the Swiss and Lorrainers.