About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Wednesday Workbench 14 September 2022

 


I'm making good progress on the second Waffen SS squad. If all goes well, I should have them finished before the weekend.


3D Printing

I've printed two more models since Sunday:



The model on the left is a very early 1:270 design by 2nd Dynasty; the one on the right is a new 28mm aerospace fighter that they've just released to tie in with another creator's cyberpunk campaign on My Mini Factory.

I have now bought a filament dryer to see if that fixes the problem I was having with the grey filament. It arrived today and I've got the grey spool drying in it at the moment. I weighed the spool before putting it in - 896g; after four hours it was down to 893g so it does seem that my suspicion about the cause of the stringing was correct. I'll weight it again at 8 hours (about 11pm tonight) and again tomorrow afternoon after 24 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Great looking SS and the ships look very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The ships need a little bit of cleaning up before I paint them - that will be a batch job once all the SS are finished.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing how the spaceships turn out. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a while until the ships get painted - there's fair bit of cleaning up to do before they're ready for priming.

      Delete