About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 18 September 2022

Paint Table Sunday 18 September 2022

 


I've made quite good progress on the third squad of Waffen SS today:



Assuming no interruptions tomorrow, I should have them finished on Tuesday.


3D Printing

Here's what I printed today:


I decided to print a "slice" of the Judge Dredd helmet file I have to see if it will fit me when scaled down to 90% to fit on my printer. It does, with just enough space for foam padding. Printing it did highlight a few setting issues which I'll need to address when I do actually print a full helmet. Overall, I think I might wait until I have a larger printer so I can print it full size.

Inside the slice is a bust of Old Stoney Face himself:


It's scaled down to 25%; I've got another one scaled to 50% printing right now.


During the week, while browsing on Thingiverse (a site for free 3D printing files) I stumbled across a few pieces that evoked a strong nostalgic buzz. I've printed a couple of them since Wednesday:




No, not some kinky toys. Those who are old enough (and likely British) will recognise these as props from Blake's 7 - a teleporter bracelet and blaster from the Liberator. At some point I will reprint the coiled bit and "wand" stem in clear filament - I did them in this purple to see how well they printed. I'll also need to order some DIN connectors and black curly cable to complete the blaster. I might even get some leather to do the belt for them...

4 comments:

  1. I only recognised the 'Blakes Seven' theme when I saw the blaster!...so who are you going to Cos play, Jenna or Cally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on the Germans Tamsin, and some interesting printing as well, can't go wrong with a bit of Blakes 7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's time to dig out the box-sets again! :)

      Delete