About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 6 August 2021

Finished: More Kunai Grass

 


I decided to get these bases finished today before working on the bamboo thickets. This morning I added static grass to these bases and to those for the bamboo, then this evening I added to plastic "kunai grass" pieces.


These extra bases are to fill gaps between the larger kunai grass bases I finished a few weeks ago. I have enough of the plastic grass pieces to do about twice as many again of these if I ever decide I want more.

Tomorrow I will be moving on to the bamboo thickets. I've got all these bases to fill up with bamboo stems:


The two larger bases are from the original batch where I ran out of bamboo stems; those on the board are the ones I have just prepped.

Tomorrow I will be starting work on drybrushing the bamboo stems:



...just five hundred of them to do!

2 comments:

  1. The Kunai grasses turned out really well Tamsin, that's alot of bamboo to drybrush !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks a lot, but it only takes about 40 minutes per hundred, including sorting out the stems into batches of five at the start. :)

      Delete