About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Finished: Bamboo Thickets Batch #2


 I finished the bamboo thickets yesterday, but decided to leave the glue to dry overnight before taking photos.


There are two bases with paths left over from the original batch:





...and six bases without paths to fill gaps or act as line-of-sight-blocking terrain:


Here's a top-down photo of all the bases (including the three finished a while ago):

In total they cover about 1' x 2'. I've got about 150 stems left over. Mostly that is because I only needed 350 or so for the bases. However, most of these were "rejects" that will need a little bit of work to make them usable. 

It seems that the most recent bundles I'd bought had been made with slightly thicker wire than the earlier lots I'd had. This meant that the plastic coating was thinner and the wire tended to burst out at the top and/or bottom - I'll need to trim them, so they'll end up somewhat shorter. I'll probably end up using them for small scatter bases.

8 comments:

  1. These look fine, I am sure you have enough to refight Malaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look the business! Excellent stuff Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good do they look! I can see, in a few years time, people finding figures long forgotten in those thickets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! Great job on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Herkybird - thanks! I'm aiming more for Papua New Guinea, but I do have figures for doing Aussies in Malaya. :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Paul - thanks! I's quite possible that figures could go missing in there! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete