About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 26 August 2021

Finished: Large Secondary Jungle Bases

 

I a slightly surprising turn of events, I actually managed to finish these today and to sort out (temporary at least) storage for them.

As usual, our trusty Aussie Commando has made his way into the photos.

There are two bases which can be used separately as corner pieces or together as edge pieces:



The four large bases all pretty much cover an A4 board:


The two large non-corner/edge bases:



The three medium bases:



The bases I used for these are from Wargames Tournaments.

Other than the buildings (which I will be working on next), that will be it for jungle terrain for a while. I might do some more scatter pieces in the future for my "transportable" terrain, but that will be a while off.


7 comments:

  1. Very useful terrain, I appreciate the edge pieces, they allow the table to look like it goes on, and the edges are not the 'end of the world'.
    You must have so many of these lovely pieces now, I hope you can index them so the right pieces are easily found for games!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful scenery indeed ! ^^

    I really love jungle ambiant, I've made one few years ago... I like how you mixed several different foliages ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Tamsin, and very practical with how they have multiple uses in placement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The edge/corner pieces do work well. :)

      Delete
  4. @ Herkybird - cheers! I hadn't thought about indexing them, but the different terrain types are in different boxes so I can grab the ones I need. :)

    @ Morikun - thanks! Over the years I'd acquired a good range of plastic plants in preparation for doing this terrain, so it was easy to get variety while still having a cohesive look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extraordinarily well done. I imagine you will get lots of enjoyment from them.

    ReplyDelete