About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 14 July 2022

Wednesday Workbench 13 July 2022

 


As you can see, the Type S Scout ship is coming together nicely. I've started printing the upper fuselage parts, but realised that I didn't have enough filament left on the current spool to print the next set so opted to spend today printing a load of smaller bits that I'll need for later steps.



The main engineering section:



One of the Jump Drives broken down into parts:




I've also made some progress on the SdKfz 251s and Stug III:


Not as much as I'd like to have done as I've been feeling rather lethargic in the heat. It should be a little cooler for the next couple of days, so I should make good progress on them. 



10 comments:

  1. That is turning into a truly impressive ship Tamsin, can understand not getting a lot of painting done, as this heat really impedes it ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll need to reprint a few parts for it - I've had some corner-lifting issues on big pieces, resulting in gaps.
      I was still lethargic yesterday, so didn't get any more painting done until today. :)

      Delete
  2. Those filament prints have come on a long way. The layers seem barely visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you're looking at the detail parts, which were printed at 0.12mm layer height. The black filament and its glossiness also help to obscure the visibility of the layer lines - you can see them more easily with the right light and angle. :)

      Delete
    2. I see, but nonetheless looks great. Can you sand down the layer lines these days?

      Delete
    3. You can. Some materials are easier to sand than others. I'll be using a mix of sanding and filler primer on the fuselage parts. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I had your amount of lethargy! I have only managed to undercoat 12 Huns on horses this month so far. Supposed to have the whole Hunnic army finished in another week. Not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was about 45 minutes of airbrushing over 2 days! :)

      Delete