About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 9 July 2021

Finished: Some Bamboo Thickets

 


"Some bamboo thickets?"

Yes, just some. It transpires that 249 bamboo stems was only enough to do the largest base and two of the smaller bases. Actually, it was 244 stems that I used, having "sacrificed" five to be cut in half to see how shorter stems would look. It turns out that they looked "wrong" I've ordered another 500 stems this afternoon, so will have to wait until they arrive before I can do any more thicket bases.





As this base is too big to fit in a 9L RUB for transport, it will be a "home" piece. 






And a top-down view of all three bases:


While I wait for the extra bamboo to arrive, I will start work on trees for secondary and primary jungle bases. I have been prepping some of the "chunky trunk" palms - I should have those ready for painting by next week. Alongside that work, I will be painting the undersides of a bunch of terrain bases and working on the tree bases I got from Charlie Foxtrot Models.


11 comments:

  1. I see your "Humans vs Triffids" campaign is off to a fine start. I don't give much for humanity's chances!
    Cheers,
    MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the bamboo thickets Tamsin, they look really impressive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn that's some nice looking terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is impressive and very successful.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Pancerni - cheers! :)

    @ MikeP - thanks! I'm not sure I give much for humanity's chances, triffids or no triffids! :)

    @ Dave S - cheers! :)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Syl - merci! :)

    @ DaveD - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out brilliant Tamsin. Great job I like the pathways through them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to thin out the stems a bit on the large piece to make the paths a little easier to access. Also so that I would have enough to fill out the smaller pieces! :)

      Delete
  7. Those look rather fabulous Tamsin, well done m'dear!

    ReplyDelete