About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 19 May 2021

Wednesday Workbench 19 May

 


The trouble with projects like these is the downtime between several of the stages. I've got most of the initial steps done over the past three days, with just a final dry-brushed highlight left to do before flocking. 

I guess tomorrow will be when I have to finally decide whether to make these temperate or jungle pieces. Temperate will be quicker, but I should really make a start on my jungle terrain.


8 comments:

  1. Great progress Tamsin, one of the biggest drawbacks in this hobby, watching paint or glue dry ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take up almost all of my available desk space. :)

      Delete
  2. Go Jungle!, not enough jungles on table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you will find out shortly, I am indeed going jungle - my Aussies will need some terrain to fight over. These hills will only have a little bit of "jungle" vegetation on them though, probably some kunai grass patches.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tamsin:

    It was great fun hearing your voice on the Madaxeman podcast, which I've just discovered and to hear you describe this project, which I was madly trying to visualize until I saw this post. They look great. Cheers, M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! So you are our mystery Canadian listener! ;)

      I'm glad you're "enjoying" (Are you sure? Really? Well, you are the "Mad" Padre,,,).

      Sometimes it is difficult to get an idea of what people are talking about on podcasts until you can actually see photos somewhere.

      Thanks,
      Tamsin

      Delete
    2. You can tell you have a Canadian listener? I feel suddenly conspicuous! There's a great sense of fun between you and the group on the podcast, I shall listen to more for sure.

      Delete
    3. Well, I can't, but I think the analytics can tell you where people are downloading from (although with VPNs, you can't be absolutely sure). I'm pretty certain you aren't the only listener from Canada - "our listener" is a long-running joke which I simply expanded upon. ;)
      The sense of fun comes from the fact that we've known each other for several years.

      Delete