After doing my "Paint Table Saturday" post yesterday, I had this niggling feeling that something wasn't quite right with the hills. This morning, when I checked them against the rock formations I'd made last year, I realised what the problem was - I'd almost completely bleached out the orange tones.
To correct that mistake, I initially gave them a wash of the orange paint. That helped, but didn't quite get the tone back. Once the wash was dry, I did three rounds of drybrushing, first with the orange, then more lightly with the peach highlight colour, then even lighter, brushing upwards with the orange again. That got them to a close enough match to the rock formations.
As you can see, I took photos before cleaning my paint table (I have since done that).
Next onto the paint table will be the remaining hills. I'm still trying to decide whether to do them as temperate or jungle.