About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 28 January 2020

AHPC X Day 39 - Tenth Submission

My tenth submission, a few figures for Warlord's Strontium Dog game, was posted last night: link


These were the Kreelers and Law Enforcement sets. Warlord's art shows the Kreelers in green uniforms, but I decided to go with a more sinister look.

I haven't done any other painting since the weekend as I've been struck down with an awful cold. However, today I have made a good start on re-priming my barbarian warband - I'd originally primed them red-brown with a pale brown zenithal highlight; sadly the contrast between the two colours was rather weak, so I've chosen to go back to the standard black/white; the black is done, later this afternoon I'll be doing the white zenithal highlights.

At the moment my big debate is whether to submit them all as one large entry or as several smaller batches. I am leaning towards the former option as it's likely to be my only proper "points bomb" of this Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Great work on the Kreelers and law enforcement models Tamsin, I always thought of the Kreelers in grey uniform especially after the fan film

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly look Neo Fascist/KGB. Painted beautifully as always though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work as ever Tamsin! I really dig that red and black colour scheme. Get well soon! I had my fair share of flu this year so I know only too well how it can ruin your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dave Stone - thanks! Do you mean "The colonel" in Search/Destroy? :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Will - thanks x 2! :)

    @ Nick - cheers! It does look much better than the mid-green with pale green trim of the Warlord scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Tamsin, if you look closely he is wearing a Kreeler badge, I only know as I saw it on the set ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look very Captain Scarlet like...

    In a good way.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete