About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 13 January 2020

AHPC X Day 24 - Fifth Submission


My fight submission to the Challenge was posted this morning: link

This completes my British Airborne forces for now. I might at some point add some Polish paras, (part of) a Reconnaissance Troop (jeeps with single Vickers K guns) and maybe some Tetrarch and/or Locust tanks for 6th airborne Division.

I'm taking a day's break from painting - I've been out shopping (some hobby, some non-hobby). Tomorrow I'll be working on some Pulp era "dames" - they should be a fairly quick job for my 6th submission.


7 comments:

  1. Great 5th submission Tamsin, they all looked great on the other blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love finishing a project! Great work on the Paras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work Tamsin! You really got me to dig out some of my own Paras and put some paint to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really turned those around in double quick time Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tamsin - I have a question I'd like to ask you. I'm building a fictional Australian half-track and I need some 25-28mm figures for the rear. You seem to have an extensive knowledge of manufacturers and I was very impressed with your Para jeeps. Could you recommend anyone who makes British style (8th Army etc) passengers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! It is a good feeling :)

    @ Nick - thanks! Glad to have been a spur to your own activity :)

    @ Michael A - I think it was about 5 days to get these done :)

    @ Moif - did the 8th army have half tracks while they still had Australians? As for suitable figures, I'm not aware of anyone who does packs of 8th Army vehicle passengers; your best bet is probably to buy several Warlord 8th Army vehicles and a pack (or sprues) of the Commonwealth infantry and mix them up, but that is going to be a little expensive. You could potentially convert some of the Commonwealth figures to be seated, which would be a little bit cheaper. Hope that helps :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete