About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Wednesday Workbench 13 June




I've made good progress with the next batch of Aussies over the past couple of evenings and I'm close to finishing the painting - just the webbing, helmets, mortar and metal left to highlight; glaze on the flesh and strong tone wash over the rest. Then a quick Klear coat, and do the basing.



The Militia figures have been prepped and glued onto bases, ready for priming. There's another figure with them - it was meant to be part of the batch I'm working on right now, but when I started doing the flesh I found a big lump of flash that I'd missed, so I got rid of that then stripped the primer and will now need to re-prime it.

You might recall that I bought a Stuart tank at Broadside on Sunday. The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted that it was an M5A1. Which the Aussies didn't use - theirs were all M3s. Of course, I realised my mistake while I was prepping it. Hmmm. Maybe it can go with some US Marines?



7 comments:

  1. Man you work fast. Impressive!

    Yep, the marines got the M5's around 1944 I believe, so it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your speed and quality! I am still fighting painting an M4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Aussies! You certainly get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dai - the benefits of being single with no kids - you can spend as much time as you like painting minis :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - more time than speed really. And the quality adds time :)

    @ Simon Q - thanks! :)

    @ Lee - yes, more Aussies! Only 40 or 50 more figures to paint now... :)

    ReplyDelete