About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 2 June 2018

Saturday Workbench 02 June

You're right, I've been a bit quiet this week. There have been a few evenings since Monday when I haven't painted as I was feeling too tired after work.

However, I did get a good session in today and have finished painting the second batch of Aussies.



Later this evening I'll be giving them a coat of Klear and then tomorrow morning I'll add basing texture to these and the previous batch. Hopefully, I'll then get the bases painted and drybrushed in the afternoon.

I'll also be making a start on painting the third batch this evening.


It's also been a week for receiving (and buying) goodies. Some figures:

The Assault Group:


Chindits with Brens, Tommy guns and rifles, plus some loose rifles, Tommy guns, packs and pouches. Plus Major Lumley (that's Joanna Lumley's dad for those who don't know) as the freebie figure for ordering over £39.

Wargames Foundry:

Chindits with Tommy guns

Freebie figure - obviously Napoleonic but no idea what

And some books:


Well, I will need to paint up some opposition for the Aussies!

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Tamsin. Lovely work on the Aussies. You really seem to be inspired by this current painting project which is always enjoyable to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, Tamsin. You're making me want to revisit Bolt Action, Pacific Theater in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will need a lot of Japanese to face all those Aussies and Brits!
    Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely minis. Even when you have the odd day when you dont paint, you still manage to pump out a bunch of stuff - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely Tamsin and I always find a bit of retail therapy helps to lift the spirits when production is down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This project is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Blax - cheers Simon! I do seem to have got caught up in them - I think it may be because my first ever Airfix figures were the 1/32 scale Aussies :)

    @ DeanM - thanks! I'm going the Chain of Command route; it seems to have a better "feel" than Bolt Action :)

    @ Herkybird - yup, lots of Japanese needed :)

    @ Dai - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! I wasn't feeling down, just tired, but it's still nice to get goodies in the post :)

    @ Martin - cheers! :)

    @ Lee - it is indeed :)

    ReplyDelete