About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 4 June 2018

(Not Quite) Finished: 28mm WW2 Aussie Jungle Fighters #1


 Here you go - the first two batches of regular troops for my Australian forces. I did give them a spray of matt varnish today, but looking at the pics I need to spray some of them again as there are clearly glossy spots.


Senior Leaders:




I've chosen to mount my senior leaders (officers, sergeants) and forward observers on 30mm hex bases to make them obvious on the table.


Sniper Team:





PIAT Team:





Grunts:













This batch is a mix of Artizan, Eureka and Warlord figures.


Having received the Chindit figures from The Assault Group and Wargames Foundry, I thought I'd take some size comparison photos:

TAG, Eureka, Warlord, Artizan, Foundry

TAG, Eureka, Foundry

TAG, Warlord, Foundry

TAG, Artizan, Foundry
The Foundry figures are definitely chunkier than the others, but reasonably close to the Artizan and Warlord figures. The Eureka and TAG figures are quite close in proportions. I'd say that there isn't enough of a difference between the five to be noticeable on the tabletop.

this evening I finished the highlights and final washes on the third batch and gave them a Klear coat. Tomorrow I'll be doing the basing. I'll also be touching up the primer on the remaining figures and putting the new shinies onto bases ready for priming later this week.




17 comments:

  1. They're looking great. A real force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Tamsin and I agree, the sizes look more than comparable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What rules are you going to use for these, Tamsin? I would be looking at TFL Chain Of Command, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these figures. I would not worry about the sizes as we are all different heights and shapes in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like what is happening here, some great miniature combinations and great paint work. Just need a little armour or at least the cut down 25lber now.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Aussies, Tamsin. As other have correctly stated, folks come in different sizes/builds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! Nice and dusty! I like the mix of manufacturers it adds a bit to the "in the field" look of the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a mix of manufacturers in my armies too, but frequently find I just get the range I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dannoc - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! The Artizan, Eureka and Warlord certainly work well together; I'll have to wait and see how the TAG and Foundry work with them when they're painted. I think they'll be OK :)

    @ Carole - cheers! I'm already on the case with Chain of Command. I did buy Bolt Action, but the rules seemed a bit "Meh!" :)

    @ Simon - thanks! It's more the weapons and equipment that I'm concerned about as people are different heights and builds :)

    @ Chris - cheers! There will be some armour eventually, maybe AT guns as well :)

    @ Dean - thanks! :)

    @ Swelter - cheers! I like having a mix of figures rather than having several repeats of the same one :)

    @ Herkybird - For a skirmish force like this it's definitely good to have the variety that you get from a mix of manufacturers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work on thse Ms. P! I really like the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, but these really are lovely!

    And cheers for the super-useful comparisons too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Curt - thanks! I think I may have gone for more layers of highlights than needed with these, particularly with so many to paint! Still, they look great :)

    @ Admiral Drax - cheers and you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent (sounding a little too much like Mr Burns!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding! You really should do more WWII 28's because you have a real talent for "getting it right."

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Alessandro - thank you! :)

    @ Jerry - cheers! I will be doing more Aussies, and a Japanese OpFor of course, but I'm afraid that will probably be my only WW2 in 28mm. :)

    ReplyDelete