Sorry about the lighting of that photo - it seems to have come out darker than it appeared on the camera.
"Hang on a second - didn't she say this was the "RED-Green" regiment?"
"You're right - she must have meant the Yellow-Green regiment"
"Maybe she's simply lost it?"
"Is there such a thing as red-yellow colour blindness?"
"Probably the stress of losing all those games of FoG!"
"Does anyone want to tell her?"
No, I haven't lost the plot and you are seeing yellow not red. That is because I'm using Yellow Ochre as a basecoat to paint the red over.
- Basecoats - Black 950 for armour, muskets barrels and rests; Yellow Ochre 913 for jackets and officers' trousers
- Faces and hands - Flesh Base 341 (Panzer Aces)
- Hair - German Camo Pale Brown 825; Colonel = German Camo Medium Brown 826
- Dry-brushed Oily Steel 865 on armour, musket barrels and rests
- Pike& halberd shafts, flagpoles and musket stocks - Mahogany Brown 846
- Company flags, officer sashes, drum sides - Flat Green 968
- Stockings - Pastel Green 885
- Shoes and Boots - Black Grey 862
- Breeches - German Camo Pale Brown 825, German Camo Medium Brown 826
- Ground colour on bases - Flat Earth 983
Tomorrow I should be able to get the rest done:
- Jackets (and officers' breeches)
- Cuffs, ribbons and any other bits that need to be in Flat Green
- Collars and piping
- Hats and feathers
- Leather bits
- Apostles and match cords
WIP: Second Batch Sarmatian "Other Cavalry"
As i wrote last night, I did manage to do the Klear/ink coat and to glu the figures onto their bases before heading off to bed. This morning I added the basing gunk and I've just dry-brushed it with Revell Afrika Brown. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better tomorrow and I'll be able to do the matt varnish spray and then the flocking/clumping.
So, what's on the cards for tomorrow?
Finish the Sarmatians if the weather is good
Finish off the Red-Green 30YW foot
Make a start on the 30YW cuirassiers